ESS currently has 3 Commissioner positions on council that are open and waiting to be filled by you. The open positions are: Publications Commissioner, Technology Commissioner, and Sustainability Commissioner. If you are interested in applying, please submit your application by 3:00 PM MST on Friday, September 3rd.
The Publications Commissioner is responsible for all major publications produced by the ESS. Most are long term projects and require a long term strategy to ensure completion. This position requires a commitment of 2-5 hours per week and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and create publication initiatives of the Society including but not limited to the Schulich times
- Ensure that the content for all printed publications is appropriate.
- Oversee the creation of the Cogwheel
- Ensure the Cogwheel is delivered on time and is distributed to all students
- Oversee the creation of the yearbook over the school year.
- Act as the ESS liaison to the yearbook committee and ensure materials and resources are available.
- Manage the yearbook budget and ensure the content is appropriate.
- Support the VP Communications with the social media platforms of the Society
The Sustainability Commissioner is responsible for all sustainability related initiatives of the Engineering Students’ Society. The position requires 3-5 hours per week and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with all ESS portfolios to integrate/improve sustainable efforts in their respective events/services at least once per semester
- Support VP Internal to initiate and maintain environmental sustainability
initiatives related to or involving the Society or the Schulich School of
- Support VP External in selecting and leading the delegation to the
Conference on Sustainability in Engineering (CSE), if the conference is applicable that year
- Support the President in ensuring sufficient sustainability training during the
council transition period
- Act as a liaison between sustainability driven organizations and ESS
- Run one or more sustainability related events
- Support Social Commissioners in running sustainability related events
The Technology Commissioner is responsible for maintaining the technological aspects of ESS operations. They will work closely alongside the Vice President Technology and council members to build and update internal tools, requiring 3-5 hours a week. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the council with any technology related issues
- Moderate and monitor telepresence equipment for council meetings
- Maintain and develop the council website (HTML, CSS)
- Maintain and develop the ESS Schulich Hub project (React, TypeScript)
- Support the Operations team in the maintenance of the online store and payment system
- Keep all tools up to date and well documented
- Work with council members to introduce new technology as needed
Any inquiries can be sent to: email@example.com Thanks!